Grafton Township Assessor
• Eleven years of appraisal experience, 30 years of diverse valuation experience and 40 years of general business experience dealing with and resolving real financial and leadership problems.
• I’ve successfully managed multi-million dollar budgets and P&L responsibilities while displaying cohesive executive leadership of hundreds of people.
(2) Advanced education, multi-state appraiser certifications and construction experience.
• An MBA from Michigan State University.
• Certified Appraiser status in Illinois and Wisconsin with FHA and VA authorizations. As an appraiser, I’m held personally accountable and liable for the valuations I set. That level of accountability is something the residents of Grafton should expect from their assessor.
• Growing-up as the son of a general contractor and working every summer at his side, I learned the building trade firsthand: residential to industrial. Even stick-built my first house!
(3) Executive vision.
• The \\\"job\\\" extends far beyond the day-to-day activities. It includes looking at what the \\\"job\\\" was intended to achieve and how to ultimately get there.
• In the case of an assessor, it\\\'s accurately establishing property values leading to the fair treatment of taxpayers.
• Extending the concept of fair treatment with executive vision brings my proposed Property Taxpayer Bill of Rights into perspective.
I have a Bachelor’s Degree from Eastern Illinois University. Press Fleet Management and Event Marketing laid the groundwork to my wide range business experience. As I am certified by the state to serve as Township Assessor, I am currently a knowledgeable Deputy Assessor for Elgin Township, which encumbers 34,000+ parcel (approximately 12,000 more diverse parcels than Grafton Township). I hold actual experience assessing various property types along with comprehensive knowledge of the innumerable dealings of an assessment office. Most notably, I am proficient with the valuation system used within the Grafton Township Assessor’s office. In addition, I have assessment appeal experience at the Board of Review and PTAB level along with knowledge of and assist with an assortment of exemptions.