On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
Good common sense
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
As a new School board member I’d look for ways to improve the children’s education. Maybe smaller classes. More teachers. Our children are the future.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes I would. It’s a tough economy. Many people are struggling to survive. They don’t need additional taxing.
What one decision by the school board do you most disagree with and why?
The hiring practice should be open to all applying, not just the people with the insider knowledge of the job. There are well qualified people willing to fill these jobs, if they only knew there was an opening.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
Building the new grade school.
Why should voters elect you to office?
It’s time for a change. I feel new board members should be elected to keep fresh ideas coming. The same people don’t project the best ideas after a few years. It is not my intention to be a lifetime school board member.
Finfrock's Current Race
- Zinke asks for partial recount of Sheriff's election results
- Prim official winner, Zinke to ask for partial recount
- Primary votes should be certified this week
- Would-be GOP leaders optimistic they have enough votes to shift control in county
- Zinke not bowing out against Prim; Harrison ready for November