High School, Marian Central Catholic
Bachelor's Degree, Family and Individual Development, Northern Illinois University
Master's Degree, Human Resources Management , National-Louis University
Human Resources Manager, Crystal Lake Park District
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have over 15 years of experience in Human Resource Management with both publicly traded companies and in the public sector. As the Manager of Human Resources for the Crystal Lake Park District; I have firsthand knowledge and experience working for the tax payers. I understand what it means and takes to represent the people of the District. My personnel and budgeting experience lend itself to make informed decisions on matters that affect the district and those that support it through taxes.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1. Ensuring that the administration, teachers and staff are being fiscally responsible and accountable to all the tax payers in the district. 2. Ensuring that the administration is offering and maintaining the highest level of educational standards for each and every student. 3. Efficiencies throughout the district.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
No, I will not support freezing the taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound. There is no guarantee that tax bills will not increase by freezing the tax levy. The uncertainty of the housing market is unknown. We cannot make informed and wise decisions based on the unknown. If the operation of the district could handle a flat levy, I would consider it as long as the experience and qualify of the education is not impacted.
What one decision by the school board do you most disagree with and why?
I disagree with the amount of time it took the school board and the teachers union to come to an agreement. I feel there was no reason for the teachers to work for almost two school years without a contract.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
The biggest accomplishment for the school board was settling the teacher contract.
Why should voters elect you to office?
My priorities are to the children of the school district and the tax payers. I have been described as a fair person, who listens and understands there are two sides to every story. My understanding of the government process: 1. Tax levy’s 2. Board functions and protocol 3. Board/staff relationships 4. Representing the voters/residents of the school district
Olas's Current Race
- Zinke asks for partial recount of Sheriff's election results
- Prim official winner, Zinke to ask for partial recount
- Primary votes should be certified this week
- Would-be GOP leaders optimistic they have enough votes to shift control in county
- Zinke not bowing out against Prim; Harrison ready for November