Fox River Grove
Bachelor's Degree, Political Science, Central Michigan University
Juris Doctor, Law, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Attorney, Private Practice
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have extensive experience serving in my community, as well as 8 years in the legal profession which have provided a great background to be an effective board member. I have enthusiasm for the position, and the desire to help our children prepare for the next stage in life, and to provide our staff and teachers the tools to necessarily prepare for success. In summary, my education, training and experiences provide me the foundation needed to make a good candidate for office.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1. Continuing the excellent progress and success of School District 3. 2. Ensuring that School District 3 continues to provide a balanced budget (no deficit spending) 3. Ensure that our schools remain successful and competitive, while preparing our students for the next stage in life.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
No, I do not. I do not favor freezing a tax levy based upon the factor of a private home sale. these factors should not intersect. Linking home prices, a fluctuating number, to levy for spending would be irresponsible, and would leave the district hamstrung to provide for the students.
What one decision by the school board do you most disagree with and why?
I believe the board has done a great job as stewards of the district. I will not choose one decision in a vacuum without all the facts from executive and open session, this question invites discord. I judge the board on the whole of their work, which has been excellent.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
I believe the biggest accomplishment was to retain a consultant, and determine the feasibility of consolidation. I think the desire to look at change and merger shows the board’s willingness to identify new ways of educating our children to prepare them for the next stage of life.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I am a loyal father, husband, and neighbor. I have experience in my community, and a strong desire to work together to ensure our children’s success. I have the education, training and experience of previous office, and board membership. I promise to be transparent in my decision making process and to take the time to discuss the issue at length, and come to a reasonable compromise if necessary. Voters may not agree with my decision, but they will understand it.
Wall's Current Race
- Harrison District 36 school board candidates focus on consolidation,
- Election 2015: 6 running for 3 Johnsburg School District 12 board
- Harvard School District 50 board candidates target better student achievement
- Crystal Lake mayoral candidates differ on state of city
- McHenry High School District 156 candidates focus on finances, academic improvement
Other Local Races
Kelley Ann Kepes
John Adamson Jr.