Highway Maintenance Supervisor
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
My experience for the last 30 years as a Public Servant, has taught me how to listen and accomplish public requests. I have a well rounded background that provides me with the knowlegde and resources to be innovative. It is time for new voices in our local politics. I bring new ideas because of my experience, and I am not entrenched in a political system that hasn’t provided us with innovative solutions to our long standing problems.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1) I would like to see the City complete an efficiency study that would find areas that we can be more effective in providing City services while keeping the costs of these services within our City Budget. 2) I would like to work with the current and potential new business owners to connect with available properties in the area which would meet their needs, as well as to find funding services to do more maketing for our business districts as a whole. 3) Neighborhood safety and traffic control has always been a hot topic in our City. Safety doesn’t just happen and it isn’t just a police responsibility. These are our streets, our neighborhoods, and our community. It is a shared responsibility.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
I would support our district’s taxing levy, freezing, till the housing prices and economy and the working forces, start to come back to normal numbers.
What one decision by the city council do you most disagree with and why?
I would like for the City to initiate an efficiency study to review City services to assess the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the City’s operations and to identify potential opportunities for improvement.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
I support the decision of the present City Council on the new sewage treatment plant improvement.
Why should voters elect you to office?
Voters should vote for me because I am committed to representing them. It will be my job to keep Ward 2 residents informed and seek input on the issues important to you. If elected I will post my e-mail address and phone number for those who want to share their opinions. If you are looking for an elected official who actually represents you and the things that are important to you, then vote for CHESTER MAZURKIEWICZ.
Mazurkiewicz's Current Race
- Illinois State Rep. Mike Tryon will not seek re-election in 2016
- McHenry County Board Chairman Joe Gottemoller announces election campaign
- 5-member task force will handle McHenry County township consolidation effort
- McHenry County Board member Tina Hill announces recorder run
- McHenry County State's Attorney Lou Bianchi to seek a 4th term