VP of Construction, Facility IT Services
Married, Kimberly Lonigro
Gianna Lonigro, 11
Angelina Lonigro, 8
Nico Lonigro, 5
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I’ve been a Trustee in the Village of Lakemoor since 2009. I’ve chaired the Finance Committee and have also been on the Executive Committee, Economic Development Committee, and Police Committee.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1. Fiscal Responsibility- Continue to control spending and maintain a balanced budget 2. Economic Development – As a member of the Economic Development Committee I will continue to pursue creative ways to entice businesses to Lakemoor. 3. New Village Hall – We are currently in the process of looking at different ways to finance a new village hall without raising taxes.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
I absolutely support freezing the tax levy. The village needs to live within its means and not pass any shortfall onto the taxpayers that are already suffering with decreased home values, unemployment, and foreclosures.
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
Enforcing red light cameras at the intersection of Route 12 and 120 is one of my biggest disagreements with the village board. I stand by my belief that the cameras are all about revenues and not safety. I will continue to fight to get them removed.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
My biggest accomplishment not only this year but the last three years has been maintaining a balanced budget and keeping the village debt free.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I believe I have represented the people of Lakemoor to the best of my ability the last four years. I proposed legislation that enabled the people to vote on term limits in 2011, which passed easily. I proposed and passed the first ever ethics policy in the village that holds elected officials accountable. I will continue to control spending and maintain a balanced budget. I will continue to be a voice for the people of Lakemoor.
Lonigro's Current Race
- McHenry County Circuit Clerk Katherine Keefe announces re-election bid
- Illinois State Rep. Mike Tryon will not seek re-election in 2016
- McHenry County Board Chairman Joe Gottemoller announces election campaign
- 5-member task force will handle McHenry County township consolidation effort
- McHenry County Board member Tina Hill announces recorder run