High School, McHenry West Campus
Other, Early Childhood Education, McHenry County College
See recent video below of Tina Asmus talking about the issues.
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have experience in business and classroom management. Running day to day operations, budgets, employee management and customer service.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
Preserve our small town atmosphere while welcoming well planned balanced growth. Create a restoration plan for Lily Lake. Bring police presence back to our neighborhoods.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes, but the housing market is not the only factor. We need to work within our existing revenues so that were not taxing people out of their homes.
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
The new Comprehensive Community Plan. It is unrealistic and displaces residents from their homes. I believe in well planned balanced growth and that every neighborhood is of value to our community.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
The completion of the Walgreens Plan, which was first initiated by the previous administration. Walgreens will bring more tax base to the village and convenience to the residents.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I am passionate, dedicated and will bring common sense approach to the growth of Lakemoor.
- Bruce Rauner encourages women to get out the vote in race for Illinois governor
- 22nd Circuit, appellate judges up for retention, election
- Early voting sites in McHenry County open today
- U.S. House race for Illinois 14th District: Randy Hultgren, Dennis Anderson divided on issues
- U.S. House race for Illinois 6th District: Peter Roskam going for 5th term against Michael Mason
Other Local Races