Licensed Water Well Contractor/Pump Installer, Joseph H. Huemann & Sons Inc.
Married, Marrilou Smith Huemann
Jeffrey Joseph Huemann, 45
Jenifer Ann Huemann Hopp, 43
kiersten Kimberly Huemann Vavrina, 39
Amie Marie Huemann schultz, 37
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
Marian Central High School Student Council Representative US Army, Military Policeman, Japan 1969-1970 Former McHenry Twp. Fire Protection District Firefighter & Treasurer Company 2 Treasurer Former Board Member Northern Illinois Medical Center Former Board Member & PresidentMcHenry Area Chamber of Commerce Former Board Member & President Illinois Association of Groundwater Professionals Former Board Member Harris Bank Woodstock/McHenry Served on Northeastern Illinois PlanningCommission & McHenry County Groundwater Committees
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1. Continue work to increase retail/commercial tax base 2. Engage Community in development of “Shared Vision of Downtown/Town Center” 3. Expand Wastewater Collection system in an affordable manner meeting the needs and expectations of our residents
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes, on a yearly basis after evaluating economic conditions impacting our residents and the Village
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
I am sorry to say that I supported the original SSA 23. If I had to do it over again I would have opposed it. We should have engaged our Community in a more comprehensive manner and resolved the questions that our residents felt uncomfortable with relative to funding and affordability.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
Applying for and receiving $1,000,00 in federal and State grants to construct a critical portion of our wastewater collection system on Fairview Ave. from Chapel Hill Road to Church Street. The installation of this component of our collection system will not only provide needed service to the residents on the route but also will make future connections more affordable to over 400 land parcels in our Village.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I have the talents and life experiences to move our Village forward in a comprehensive and sustainable manner that reflects the needs of our residents. I have a proven track record of over 40 years experience in the private sector dealing with customer relations and problem solving.
- Election 2014: McHenry County voters to see some uncontested races Nov. 4
- Bruce Rauner encourages women to get out the vote in race for Illinois governor
- 22nd Circuit, appellate judges up for retention, election
- Early voting sites in McHenry County open today
- U.S. House race for Illinois 14th District: Randy Hultgren, Dennis Anderson divided on issues
Other Local Races