Married, Meg Parker
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
My 8 years in the Navy has taught me leadership, discipline, and honesty. I am a life long citizen of Harvard who wants to see this city grow and succeed.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
If elected mayor, I would like to create more activities, places, and opportunities for children to grow and learn. I would also like to evaluate the budget to maximize savings and growth.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes. People have not been working as much as they used to in this downed economy. We should do whatever it takes to help keep money in people\'s wallets.
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
The sale of long-term revenue generating assests to cover financial irresponsibilites.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
Two alderman voted against the last tax levy increase.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I have long term ties to the city of Harvard and have no political business to affect my judgement when it comes to making decisions for the city.
- Election 2015: 6 running for 3 Johnsburg School District 12 board
- Harvard School District 50 board candidates target better student achievement
- Crystal Lake mayoral candidates differ on state of city
- McHenry High School District 156 candidates focus on finances, academic improvement
- Five candidates running for three Fox River Grove Board seats
Other Local Races