Married, Meg Parker
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
My 8 years in the Navy has taught me leadership, discipline, and honesty. I am a life long citizen of Harvard who wants to see this city grow and succeed.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
If elected mayor, I would like to create more activities, places, and opportunities for children to grow and learn. I would also like to evaluate the budget to maximize savings and growth.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes. People have not been working as much as they used to in this downed economy. We should do whatever it takes to help keep money in people\'s wallets.
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
The sale of long-term revenue generating assests to cover financial irresponsibilites.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
Two alderman voted against the last tax levy increase.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I have long term ties to the city of Harvard and have no political business to affect my judgement when it comes to making decisions for the city.
- Andy Glab wins McHenry alderman re-election by one late-arriving vote
- McHenry County Board asking for explanation of township consolidation rules
- Coin flip could determine McHenry alderman election
- Unpopular decisons propel Cary, Lakewood write-ins, others to victory
- Lake in the Hills Board: 2 incumbents, 1 newcomer take race
Other Local Races
Colleen Konicek Hannigan