Wisconsin Rapids Wi
High School, Lincoln High School
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have never run for political office before. As a resident of Fox River Grove for 25 years, I am interested in how local politics operate. I have no personal agenda.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
I would like to keep tax rates affordable for average income village residence.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes I would support a tax freeze. The burden on average families is greater due to the recent down turn in the economy, therefore governments must be able to do with less.
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
The decision I disagree with most is the proposal for a new village garage. I feel it is to costly.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
I think replacing the village administrator was a step in the right direction.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I believe I represent the views of the average hard working citizens of Fox River Grove. As a long time resident, I care about the future of our community.
Kandler's Current Race
- Illinois State Rep. Mike Tryon will not seek re-election in 2016
- McHenry County Board Chairman Joe Gottemoller announces election campaign
- 5-member task force will handle McHenry County township consolidation effort
- McHenry County Board member Tina Hill announces recorder run
- McHenry County State's Attorney Lou Bianchi to seek a 4th term
Other Local Races
John Adamson Jr.