Associate's Degree, accounting, College of Lake County
Other, Zoning and Planning , University Wisconsin
Distribution Center Manager
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have served on various appointed boards in Fox Lake for (28) years, and offer the most experience of planning & zoning than any of the candidates running for Trustee. I have raised my kids to college level, and I am looking to give more back to the town I have called home my entire life!
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1) The Senior bus program used to be able to serve ALL village residents, now it only serves the seniors in Grant Township. This ruling by the current board eliminated the bus service to the entire Leisure Village community and everyone living in Antioch Township that is in the municipal boundary of Fox Lake. 2)The local sales taxation should be causing a Tea party in town…..this administration has instituted a 911 tax on every cell phone in the area to pay for the 911 center. This administration has also instituted a utility tax that was to be temporary and appears on every gas & electric bill within Fox Lake. This was to be temporary; no they call it reserve funds….so much for temporary!
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
I do not feel that the levy needs to be frozen. But! I would be against any increase to the levy. The housing market should not dictate whether we raise Or lower rate. It will be a few years before that market comes around., we need to be aware of what we are receiving , It will be awhile before it increases.
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
The most recent decision was the chicken issue. The Planning Board had worked gathering information over 9 months on this. They had done a lot of research. They spoke to adjacent neighbors. Also with a few neighboring towns. Planning Board came up with a very adequate recommendation for the 2 chickens. I felt this was a gross neglect of micro- managing a supportive board. The majority of Village Board voted it down in seconds, it seemed like they just did not want to deal with it.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
Dealing a contract for the electric aggregation. It should be a small reduction in the electric bills for the residents.
Why should voters elect you to office?
Over the years have seen a lot of change some good and bad. I’m tiered of seeing a quick fix on areas. It seems as if we always take the first development that offers something new. Instead of what is best for the village. A lot of projects have come to the village great ideas but then become predestined to fail. Is this because we draw a second rate development! Its time that we start drawing some first class projects to be development. This Village needs to be one we are all proud of living in. Through transparency we need to develop our village. To be the one we are all proud of living in.
Stochl's Current Race
- Andy Glab wins McHenry alderman re-election by one late-arriving vote
- McHenry County Board asking for explanation of township consolidation rules
- Coin flip could determine McHenry alderman election
- Unpopular decisons propel Cary, Lakewood write-ins, others to victory
- Lake in the Hills Board: 2 incumbents, 1 newcomer take race
Other Local Races