High School, Oak Lawn High School
Other, Business Management, Oakton Community college & University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee,Wi.
Retired - Sr. Buyer/Planner
Married, Vincent J. Konwent
Patti Denaxas, 54
Vincent Konwent Jr., 50
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have 30 years experience in Business. I was a Buyer/Planner for Two corporations. I know the importance of getting a job done in a timely manner. I have the knowledge and understanding of contracts which demonstrates strict attention to detail. I have over three years experience of being on the Board of Leisure Village, We deal with over 360 units and over 500 Residents.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1) More open government & better lines of communication, residents and businesses need to feel they can contact us about issues that concern them and items that will apply to their homes or business.
Would you support freezing your taxing district’s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
I believe the tax rates continue to rise in Fox Lake with the Utility Tax and 911 taxes, why isn’t the Board fixing our roads, adding more water users to our system…there seems to be no plan for the taxation other than the general fund. I also feel that we need to seek new sources of revenue.
What one decision by the village board do you most disagree with and why?
Most of our residents feel we have a problem with our senior citizens apartments (Lakeland Apartments) changing to section 8, as well as the apartment complex on Devlin Rd. I believe the board of Fox Lake should have been more proactive with these changes, it really impacts our community. Why is this happening, what can we do for the seniors and residents that currently live in these complexes?
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
I was not on the Board. I can’t comment on this.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I have a great Love for Fox Lake. I feel I would be a great asset to Fox Lake. I’m retired and I feel I have quite a bit of time and experience to devote to Fox Lake. I have 30 years experience in Business Management. As Trustee I would like to be a voice for all residents. I would like to be a part of the growth and the future of Fox Lake.
Konwent's Current Race
- Illinois State Rep. Mike Tryon will not seek re-election in 2016
- McHenry County Board Chairman Joe Gottemoller announces election campaign
- 5-member task force will handle McHenry County township consolidation effort
- McHenry County Board member Tina Hill announces recorder run
- McHenry County State's Attorney Lou Bianchi to seek a 4th term