On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have been a practicing attorney for over fourteen years. With that practice comes the ability to analyze facts and situations and then effectively communicate my position on a particular issue.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1. To attend all township board meetings. 2. To carefully scrutinize all township expenditures. 3. To be available to the citizens of Algonquin Township and to represent them and their concerns at township meetings.
Would you support freezing your taxing district\\\\\\\'s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes. Taxes are already too high, and many people are hurting in these economic times. We need to limit spending so that we live within our means.
What one decision by the township board do you most disagree with and why?
The salaries of the township officials have been much discussed during this campaign. I believe salary increases may be best decided by a referendum, although I acknowledge that there are costs associated with placing issues on the ballot.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
Again, salaries are an issue. Freezing salaries for the next two years was a great decision by the board.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I work well with others, and I recognize that any elected official is given a tremendous responsibility to act in the best interests of the citizens who elected him.
Bligh's Current Race
- Harrison District 36 school board candidates focus on consolidation,
- Election 2015: 6 running for 3 Johnsburg School District 12 board
- Harvard School District 50 board candidates target better student achievement
- Crystal Lake mayoral candidates differ on state of city
- McHenry High School District 156 candidates focus on finances, academic improvement