Bachelor's Degree, Business, Bowling Green State University
Bachelor's Degree, Education, Bowling Green State University
Business Consultant, HSMS Consulting
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
• Manager for Sears, Roebuck, and Company, HomeLife Furniture, and Sears Holdings for 33 years working in many aspects of the business world including field management, buying, warehouse operations, customer service, headquarter support, system development, and training. Retired 2011 to start HSMS Consulting • Owner of HSMS Consulting Crystal Lake, IL; Business consulting putting our Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength into a short or long term projects to improve the areas of Product Sales Forecasting, Competitive Intelligence, or Employee Training for our customers. Business started January 2012. •22 Year Resident of McHenry County, Algonquin Township in Crystal Lake • McHenry County Republican Election Judge • McHenry County Algonquin Township Republican Committeeman Precinct 66 • McHenry County Deputy Registrar • Delegate for 2012 Illinois Republican State Convention
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
Taxes: NO additional taxes. I will vote to cut expenditures by at least 1% to Help Hold the Line at 99%. I will use my 33 years of business experience to help eliminate any waste and confirm all services are meeting the goals established by the township for our citizens. Each yearly budget must be justified. Salaries: NO raises for elected official until economic situation requires or job responsibilities warrant an increase. In fact, we need some of the positions to have salary cuts. I will work with all township teams to maintain services and improve effectiveness of established services without voting raises for elected officials. Checks and Balances: I will certify that there is appropriate spending of all township funds and they are balanced and accurate to levy. I will work with the other elected officials of the township to confirm budgets are properly managed to committed funds. I will offer my advice to review and make recommendations as a businessman and a concerned citizen.
Would you support freezing your taxing district\\\\\\\'s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes. There is more than just housing prices. It is the services that we have expected the township to provide. The board needs to be good steward of the RATE also. They only need to go up if required services warrant the need for additional funds or there is a citizen vote for additional services. I will work with the Road Commissioner and Supervisor to see were we can actually cut unneeded expenses to reduce the levy.
What one decision by the township board do you most disagree with and why?
Current board increased there salaries in the 3rd and 4th year of their term. They should have held the line until the economic environment is growing to justify and increase to their salary. It is not time for government to keep increasing their income while the average citizen’s buying power has decreased.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
They have worked well together to monitored and provide the basic services they are responsible to watch.
Why should voters elect you to office?
We all must affect the sphere of influence that we have to each other if change is to be made for the good for all. Just as I found an error incorrectly stating our 2011 rate in the 2012 Annual Report while attending the October monthly meeting, I will be diligent to verify the township will have the tax payer’s best interest in the decision making process. My business and personal experiences over the last 33 years are focused on making the right decision within our realm of control for benefit for all. As I walked the Algonquin precincts in 2012 to support candidates Mc Sweeney, Kurtz, Koehler, Schofield, and others, I will continue to walk and talk in our precincts to learn of concerns/issues that will help me take the necessary actions required as a trustee.
Emery's Current Race
- Zinke asks for partial recount of Sheriff's election results
- Prim official winner, Zinke to ask for partial recount
- Primary votes should be certified this week
- Would-be GOP leaders optimistic they have enough votes to shift control in county
- Zinke not bowing out against Prim; Harrison ready for November