High School, Industrial Arts, Irving Crown High School
Carpenter/Contractor for 33 years, Self-employed
Married, I have been married to my wife, mary for 27 years
Russell J, 24
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have 33 years in the construction business, as a small businessman, I have practical knowledge of the cost of equipment used by the Highway Department, and the bidding process.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
Review and reduce all budgets thoroughly Eliminate non-essential programs Encourage more public feedback on issues
Would you support freezing your taxing district\\\\\\\'s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes I would freeze the levy. The current assessed valuation on your tax bill is higher than the actual market value. ie: what your house would sell for
What one decision by the township board do you most disagree with and why?
The recent increase in township officials salaries. The present economy does not warrant a salary increase and in some instances I feel the salaries are excessive.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
I have only been on the board since june of 2012 and I cannot recall any accomplishments.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I will keep asking questions to get answers that will stop waste and excessive spending.
Cardelli's Current Race
- 64th Illinois House District candidates differ on taxes, budget
- In-person absentee voting at McHenry County Clerk's Office for November election begins
- Lawyer vs. lawman: A look at candidates for county sheriff
- Democratic 14th District hopeful Dennis Anderson sets Marengo, Huntley visits
- 2 incumbents, 1 newcomer announce McHenry City Council candidacies
Other Local Races