On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
Ten years village president of Fox River Grove, 12 years McHenry County board, which included eight years as chairman of transportation. Currently serve on the Fox Waterway Advisory board and the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning. At present I am a trustee for Algonquin Township.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1.) Resist cutting our senior citizen services. 2.) Retain the programs that make life easier for our citizens. 3.) Maintain our present financially sound township government without raising taxes.
Would you support freezing your taxing district\\\\\\\'s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Yes. I believe that our township is capable of maintaining our current service level without increasing taxes at this time.
What one decision by the township board do you most disagree with and why?
Presently I have no disagreement with the decisions we have made.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
Establishing a realistic budget and living within it.
Why should voters elect you to office?
I have a proven track record of resisting the costly expansion of government and have always treated government finances as if it were my own money.
Shea's Current Race
- 14th District candidate making Crystal Lake stop
- McHenry County incumbents lead in campaign fundraising race
- Early voting, absentee ballots trending higher in McHenry County
- Election 2014: McHenry County voters to see some uncontested races Nov. 4
- Bruce Rauner encourages women to get out the vote in race for Illinois governor