Bachelor's Degree, Political Science, B.A., Loyola University, Chicago
Other, Chartered Financial Consultant, American College
President & CEO, CAL Financial Group, Inc.
Married, Darlene Lutzow
Charles A. Lutzow III, 26
Cara A. Lutzow, 24
Clayton A. Lutzow, 20
On the Record
What experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for office?
I have held both municipal and township offices in the past. I am currently the owner and operator of a small business in the community.
What are your top two or three priorities if elected?
1. Encouraging voter awareness and access to the polls. 2. Transparency in government. 3. A strong and stable township government that uses taxpayers funds prudently.
Would you support freezing your taxing district\\\'s levy until housing prices rebound? Why or why not?
Absolutely. The average price of a home in the township has gone down in value, yet taxes have continued to rise. This trend is absolutely unacceptable and unsustainable.
What one decision by the township board do you most disagree with and why?
The township board recently voted for salary increases and an increase in the tax levy. I opposed and still oppose both those measures.
What was the biggest accomplishment of the board in the past year?
The township has done a good job in enhancing its senior and veteran services and needs to continue with that progress.
Why should voters elect you to office?
Because I will be an independent voice for the taxpayers. Particularly I know the struggles of the small business community and homeowners in our area and can voice concerns on their behalf.
- 14th District candidate making Crystal Lake stop
- McHenry County incumbents lead in campaign fundraising race
- Early voting, absentee ballots trending higher in McHenry County
- Election 2014: McHenry County voters to see some uncontested races Nov. 4
- Bruce Rauner encourages women to get out the vote in race for Illinois governor
Other Local Races
Kelley Ann Kepes
Dan Ziller Jr.